Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Been A Long Time...But...I'm Still On A Ship...So....

Whoo!  Nothing much has changed lately, but I felt the need to update everyone.  I have been on the Epic, working for Blue Man Group again for the past month, and all is well here in Blue Man land.  The only thing that I can really complain about is our problem securing some of the equipment in order for me to do my job.  The ship tends to take their time on things, so I'm hoping that changes soon...procuring equipment and maintenance is more than half my job, so cross your fingers!!!

We have been having a decent time on the ship, with the Blue Man band hosting a couple parties, both for crew only, as well as in the ship's "Bliss Lounge"...one of the clubs onboard where passengers can hang out.  The band, reincarnating themselves as "The Crunch," have played a couple super-hyped modern rock sets that gets the crowd pretty bouncing.  These have been my favorite nights on the ship so far...

The show that we alternate with, Legends, abounds with talent and right now is featuring Michael Jackson, Rod Stewart, and Britney Spears impersonators...I have seen their show more than a few times...it's great to see all these new friends rocking out!  We also had an amazing magician/comedian named Jeff Hobson onboard until last week.  The guy is unbelievably good and you need to check him out.  We get him back in a little over a month, and I'm looking forward to seeing him for the 8th time or so...

Staying in touch with Annette has proven more than difficult.  Internet is hard to come by, and free internet...even harder.  I finally talked to her for the first time on Skype last Saturday...it was awesome to see/hear her again.  I miss her a ton and getting through this 6 month trip is going to be hard to stomach, but we can do it!  Skype/Gmail is about the only thing I'm using to communicate with people.  I have no phone and I haven't ever felt this much in the Stone Age.  Most of us onboard have the same story, so there's just no easy way to go about it on the Epic.

Other than that, I have made some videos...nothing special...showcasing some of the port days where we get to unwind a bit while on the ship.  It's takes a long time to upload these suckers, so it's probably going to be a one-at-a-time kind of thing...here's a shot of the view from Cozumel's "No Name Bar", where you can treat yourself to swimming right off their back porch and grabbing an earful of craptastic music...

D

Cozumel - No Name Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment